A wood router is a versatile tool for any type of woodworking projects in your home or industry. You can use this appliance for routing or hollowing out the pieces of wood. With the help of the wood router, you can Make a Perfect Circle Using a Router. Read this article to know how you can do this.
The designers mostly use the wood router for making the decorative designs and for functional purposes. But any woodworker or hobbyists can use this tool for different purposes because of its versatility. And one can’t determine the life of router as it solely depends on the type of router and its use.
With the wood router, you can make a different type of designs like a circle. Before you begin to start any type of project make sure you buy the perfect router for your work. If you are not familiar with the woodworking, then you can take help of an expert.
How to Make a Perfect Circle Using a Router
While working on the wood router, you have to select the right bits for your work. This is because the different kind of bits are available on the basis of the project you are going to do. Also, it is very easy to make the design of perfect circle on the wooden piece with such routers.
Read more on: Wood Router Review
Once you start with making a perfect circle using a router hope you have all the necessary accessories with you. This accessory includes safety glasses, earplugs, and gloves. When you have all these items then it will be easy for you to do complete your work without any difficulty.
- Firstly, you have to drill the holes in the plywood of size 1/4″. You have to use the sub-base of the router for drilling purpose. Also, you don’t need the screw or any type of clamps for the drilling of plywood.
- The next step is to adjust the radius by adding the guide rails. To do this you can use the 1/2″ solid and thick hardwood that is fitted with a rabbet. To perfectly align the rabbet, use the temporary spacers.
- Cut the hardwood to 3/8″ width and 1/4″ thickness to easily fit the first part of the wood. After doing this, fix another piece of plywood to this hardwood.
- Now you have to drill a hole in this piece of wood. See the video manual for understanding better.
- Fix the bolt with the nut in the drill hole. Also, use the knob fender washes to easily fit the slider into the right place of the plywood. You just have to screw the bolt at the end.
- Finally, you have to adjust the radius and cut the plywood with the help of the loosened knob. With this method, you can cut a minimum of 5″ diameter and a maximum of 36″ diameter. Now your circle cutting jig is finished with the help of the knob.
Tools and materials that are needed for this process:-
- A wood router and its Bit
- A straight edge
- Baseplate of the router for easy bushing
- Marker or pencil
- Drill press and table saw
- 1/4″ drill bit
This way by following the above steps, you can easily make a perfect circle with the help of the wood router. It is not necessary that you have to be a professional woodworker to make a perfect circle with the router. Anyone including a newbie can easily do this by the above easy steps.
We have compiled router buying tips for you. This will guide you in making the right and suitable choice.
If you are not familiar with using the wood router, then you can also prefer watching the video manuals. With this, you can understand how to use the wood router for different purposes. Also, make sure you consider the safety guidelines while working on your wood router.
All in all, you can easily Make a Perfect Circle Using a Router by following the above simple steps. If you are facing any difficulty while using the router, then you can visit beingwoodworker contact page. We will be glad to assist you. And also don’t forget to share your thoughts and valuable feedback. Thank you.